Monday, March 11, 2013

Remembering!!!

This past Saturday marked 2 years of my dad being in heaven. I really thought 2 years ago that on this day I would forget what it felt like. I thought I would forget the pain and sorrow I felt. I thought I would forget the way it changed my life and my kid's lives. Saturday did not feel anything like that. I still remembered exactly the pain and sorrow that day brought. I remembered how we walked out of the hospital after weeks of being there morning to night never to return again. I remembered how Katelyn cried for weeks because of the intense love she had for her pawpaw. I remembered thinking that we would never be the same after that day. I also remembered thanking Jesus for carrying us through and helping us see Him in it all. I would never wish something like this on anyone but God remained faithful through every hour.

I miss my dad more and more. I miss the way he laughed and his patience. I miss the way he could calm even the craziest of moments. I miss how he sat, walked, cooked, snored, played and worked. I miss his hugs and smiles and even his grumpiness at times! There is not a day that goes by that I don't have a thought of him or that something reminds me of him. Many people go through life and never have a dad like mine. I am beyond thankful for the dad God blessed me with and the way he loved my mom, brother, and me. I will never understand why he had to go so early but I will always know that I am blessed for all the years I had with him. He saw me grow physically and spiritually. He saw every basketball and softball game. He saw me graduate and go off to college. He gave me away and danced with me on my wedding day. He saw me graduate college and have two sweet babies. He was there for so much and for that, I AM THANKFUL! I love you dad and will always remember every detail of my life with you in it. You were an amazing father and husband!!! See ya soon!!!




2 comments:

  1. I have been praying for you this past week. What a comfort we have as believers in knowing we will see loved ones again! Hang in there, friend. Love you.

    ReplyDelete