Sunday, July 7, 2013

I Will Pray For Him!

Many people that have been around Samuel know that he is our "Spirited" little man. The term,"all boy" does not begin to describe him. There are moments when people talk to him that I fear what will come out of his mouth. There have been times when I have said the same thing over and over all day to this curious but oddly cautious little boy. I find myself apologizing to people for something he has said or done but I think I do it too much. There are times when he goes overboard....ok, most of the time!! I have to apologize in those moments but I have decided that instead of fearing who this little boy is, which is really just fearing the opinion of others, I am going to pray.

When I am confused because he turns everything into a gun or sword and is attacking invisible things all day, I will pray. I will pray that he will someday turn that into becoming the protector of his family and maybe even a protector of his town or country.

When I get a headache by how loud he is almost every second of the day, I will pray. I will pray that Samuel will use that loudness to proclaim to the nations who God is, that he will be a voice for the voiceless, and that he will preach all of his days those things that seem foolish to this world.

When I have to tell him to sit over and over again, I will pray. I will pray that all of that energy will be used to further the kingdom of God and that he will never sit until he has done all he can for Christ.

When people stare or comment at how I could possibly handle this ball of passion, I will pray. I will pray that all that passion will be for the ONE thing that makes this life worth living. I will pray that he will be a passionate follower of Christ, friend, husband, and father.

When he wears me out by wanting to be right beside me ALL DAY, I will pray. I will pray that he will always be full of love for his family and this world. I will pray that he always feels close to us even if he is far away.

When he screams and kicks at every battle for obedience, I will pray. I will pray that his strong will and determination will be focused on what he can do for His Savior one day and not on the opinion of those around him.

I will pray that as I raise this man, he will be more like Jesus. For now, he is not yet a man and he will continue to act like a little boy. It is my job to disciple, train, discipline, and love him as he grows. When he is being a little boy, I will not apologize. I will pray that all the things that make up this little boy of mine will one day be used for the Kingdom in greater ways than I could ever imagine. For now, I will cherish the boyhood and the moments not many people see when he snuggles, wraps his arms around my neck and tells me how beautiful I am. He is my sweetie and my miracle. God has so much for him!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment