Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Nervous!!

I have had several things making me nervous this week. The first is that I have a biopsy on Thursday and I am very nervous about it. I think it will come back fine and then I can proceed to have a procedure that is needed, I just hate anything like this. I hate knowing I will feel pain and I hate knowing that I am not in control at all, which is a whole other issue. The second thing is that my husband informed me that when he met with a NC state representative for church planting she said to him," You do know that you are church planting in the hardest area in the state?" WHAT??? ok, this makes me nervous. As they talked they went on to understand why and we already knew most of the reasons. There is a lot of religious traditions here in this area. I think that this kind of stuff is the worst of all to try and reach people. The reason why is because many people you talk to think they are okay because that is what they grew up learning and believing. They may have never truly heard sound gospel and what it really means. It's much easier to tell someone about the gospel who knows they need it rather than someone who has heard it all their life and it means nothing to them and has never really changed their life. This is a huge thing for our church and we are taking on the challenge. Not because we think as imperfect humans we have anything to offer but because God has so much He wants the people of this county to understand and He chose to use us, as Paul says,"the chief of sinners."

I have always been prone to worry and fear in my life and as I have grown in the Lord, He has helped through a journey of total surrender to Him. It is hard for someone who likes control to just hand over the details of their lives to God. As I have gotten older, I have begun to see that God is faithful and he promises to never leave me or forsake me. So, as I walk around nervous, He still walks beside me whispering all those promises to me and I have moments of peace. I ask for prayer from all of my friends in these two areas and that you would remember us as we walk this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment