Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Been Quiet!!

I have been very quiet for awhile by not blogging as often as I usually do. I really don't know why but I've had no desire to write (which is very out of character for me. I always have a lot to say:) Anyway, today as I was reading some favorite blogs I follow, a picture spoke to me and I felt like it was a perfect description of how I've felt for the last few months.
Do you ever feel this way? I have felt like the world was on my shoulders for so many reasons. Many reasons may not seem that big to other people but to me they have become overwhelming. Many reasons like health diagnosis, finances, child-rearing, and insecurity start the list of what goes on in my mind all day long. I know as women, we have thoughts going through our brains constantly and not just one thought but thousands, ALL AT THE SAME TIME. I have always wondered why God made us that way. I have even told my husband that if I could change brains with him for one day I would feel so rested (not a dig at my husbands brain. He is beyond smarter than me. Men just don't have all those thoughts all day long, every second, all at the same time...it's scientific...don't be mad, just the messenger...lol). Because of this constant thought process, the picture above is a perfect view into my brain lately. I know that God is in control and He is constantly battling me for control of my life. As I have prayed and sought after Him I have begun to see the things in me that are sinful and the things that make me feel like this big world is right on my shoulders. I am writing today to encourage you if you are also in this place or have been in it lately. We can't be used greatly for God's kingdom when we allow the world to sit on us in this way. We have to deal with the things that bring us to this place and thrive in this life God has given us. He is beyond our understanding and He teaches us daily by the circumstances in our lives. I have no doubt that He is using each circumstance I am experiencing in order to refine me and make me new. I am so thankful for this refining process even though it is painful and heavy. He is always good and always promises to make me more like Him. I pray for release of some things and that I can begin to see my life like this instead:




Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17





1 comment:

  1. Jenna thank you for writing this
    "We can't be used greatly for God's kingdom when we allow the world to sit on us in this way. We have to deal with the things that bring us to this place and thrive in this life God has given us." these two sentences are exactly what I needed to hear today!!! Thank you... do you mind if I use those sentences again in my blog or on facebook.

    ReplyDelete