Saturday, November 24, 2012

Why I Am So Thankful!

I love the thankfulness that is spread during this year. I really want to be more thankful each day not just around Thanksgiving and Christmas. My thankfulness started back in May with one diagnosis. Many people know my story of miscarriage after miscarriage before Samuel and we never got an answer for why those were happening. God BLESSED us with Samuel and we were so thankful to have two amazing kids. I loved that I had a super smart and talented tomboy in my sweet Katelyn Faith and a VERY loud and CRAZY little boy in my snugly Samuel. I was at peace with how things had turned out and I knew that as Romans says, " All things work together for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purposes." Even though hard days were behind us, we knew God had a plan and we were thankful for it even without having any answers. May 2012 came and I was having some physical problems. After many tests, biopsies, ultrasounds, and blood work, doctors found that I had a condition which would require a hysterectomy. I was scared, sad, and confused. My first question was, "Could this have been what caused all those miscarriages?" My doctor said, " I think so." So my second question was, " Then how did I have Samuel?" Her response will forever stay in my head. She said," I have no idea how you carried him?" A doctor who is intelligent and knows everything there is to know about these issues says to me, " I DON'T KNOW!" I immediately knew the answer and it was that my Savior has intervened and caused my body to carry a SON and allowed him and I to be healthy. I was in awe for days that after 5 years, we had received our answer. I could not believe that my God, in his timing, made all things good. So today, this year, I am thankful for my two incredible children. I am thankful that I get to train and disciple them everyday. I am thankful that even when we walk with no answers, God is still at work. I am thankful that my dad got to meet and love on both my kids before he passed. I am thankful that I am a mommy and that my kids, even though make me very tired, are the lights of my life. Thank you Jesus that I am such a blessed woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment