Friday, April 20, 2012

Remembering an Amazing Day!!!!

As I am in PA getting ready to be a part of the wedding of Josh's younger brother, Jeremy and his Fiance Jen, I find myself remembering that week before my wedding and the amazing wedding day. More than anything I remember being more excited than anything else. That week was so crazy but I loved every minute of it. I remember Josh, my bridesmaids and me decorating the reception spot and making the chapel look exactly the way I had always pictured it. I remember thinking that I could not beleieve that this amazing man wanted to marry me. I kept thinking about what our future would hold. I thought about how much fun we would have and how we would spend the rest of our lives following Jesus into the call of Youth Ministry. As the wedding day came, I woke up having butterflies but every second I remember just loving the entire process. I loved getting my hair done, spending time with my family and bridesmaids, getting my dress on, and preparing for a day I would never forget. Our wedding day went off without any problems and I loved every minute. We danced, ate cake, laughed, and walked through bubbles on our way to the rest of our lives. I was so in love!!!!

That all sounds great right?? Really, those are the things that we work so hard for when it comes to getting married. I knew Josh was the man God had for me and I still do. I planned a beauitful wedding day and had the most fun doing it. But more than anything, I needed to remember the covenant of marriage and the picture it was of Jesus' love for me. As we have walked through almost 11 years of marriage, it has not always been fun and worked out perfectly. We have walked through selfishness,having 2 children, Post Pardum depression, resigning from 3 churches, 3 miscarriages,losing friends, my father's death and putting our own needs above each other's. I nevered pictured these things on my wedding day. I never even thought about the suffering that would come in our marriage. I guess I could have never prepared for those things but thank God our marriage was not about the wedding day but about the covenant that we were making to each other. Josh and I have had some pretty good fights and we have walked through the darkest times but one thing I remember in it all is that God brought me this incredible man to walk through these things together. I am more than thankful for him and the life that God has given me. I love that he loves me for me and that we are so blessed to have the marriage that we do. So, even as I think about our wedding day almost 11 years ago and the excitement it brought, I would never change one thing about our marriage and this blessed life of mine. So, CONGRATULATIONS JEREMY AND JEN and remember this amazing covenant you are making with your marriage......AND, thank you Josh for the wild ride and I can't wait for the rest of my life that I get to spend with you!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment