Sunday, August 5, 2012

Holding a New Hand

Gospel Life has been meeting on Sunday nights since about March in our home and in another team members home. We have been blessed with an amazing Core Team to launch Gospel Life. The last few months we have opened up our Sunday nights to guests as well. We've had a few here and there but tonight was a little different. We had a family come that had contacted Josh last weekend about what the church stood for and how he could get his family there. This is a broken family wanting to find life in Jesus alongside other believers which is our heart as Gospel Life. It was so refreshing to meet new people in our community and for them to come in and feel loved and wanted. As we sat and began our time together, I was sitting beside one of the daughters that was part of this family. She was so cute and you could tell she has a sweet little spirit. As we began to pray to start our singing time, she reaches over and takes my hand. At first, I thought she had a question but as I looked over at her she had her head down and eyes closed. I wondered if she just wanted to hold my hand as a gesture. I wondered if that was just something she was used to. As Josh prayed she just held my hand tighter and tighter. I had only known this sweet little girl for maybe an hour and she reaches to take my hand so gently and sweetly.

We were there to bless them. We were there to show the love of Christ. We were there to help them see Jesus in us. This little girl became all those thing to me. She blessed me, she gave me a picture of how Jesus loves me, and she helped me see Jesus. In a very quiet moment, she just wanted to hold my hand. She barely knew me but wanted to be that close to me. I wish I was that vulnerable. I wish I had thought to hold her hand first. I wish I could be that gentle and loving with someone I just met. I had a very short but intimate moment that God has used to show me how he very personally and faithfully holds my hand. Through it all, He reaches over to me and out to me. I pray that I have many more moments like these as we meet people in our community. I pray that I will take the hand of people that just want to know someone is there, next to them. I pray that I can hold many more new hands and we can walk together finding life in Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment