Sunday, August 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today would have been my dad's 59th birthday. I can not even imagine what his first birthday in heaven will be like. Can you imagine, Jesus wishing you a happy birthday? I miss my dad more than anyone can even fathom. I had an amazing dad who left quite a quake in his passing. I miss the way he sat on the couch with his ankles crossed. I miss the way he laughed at Josh when he did crazy things. I miss how when I called the house he'd answer with a spanish accent, as if to fool me, even though I called their number. I miss how he loved on his grandkids and would do anything in the world for them. I miss how he spoiled us. I miss how he'd say, " don't worry", when things weren't going right for me. More than anything, I miss his power to calm every situation and make the world seem ok. Oh how I wish he was here to calm this pain we all feel.

Now, I know he has tasted heaven and there is no way he'd ever come back here, hehe. I know that God can take better care of him than we ever could. He is without pain, tears, sin, worry, fear, and tiredness. For those reasons, I am so thankful he is there.  See, this earth is not really our home. God created us to be with Him. Dad is home with his Creator and his Savior. So, happy birthday dad. We are celebrating you today here on earth (hamburgers and swimming, your fav.) until we can celebrate with you in heaven. I love you more than words can say and will celebrate the life you lived here.




1 comment:

  1. Been praying for you and your sweet Mom throughout the day. Hope things have gone well and you've been able to celebrate the wonderful man your Daddy was!

    ReplyDelete