Sunday, July 24, 2011

10 Years of Marriage.

On Thursday, I will have been married 10 years to an amazing Man of God. As I think about the day we married, I had no idea we would have been through what we have. I remember as I was putting on my princess wedding dress and freshening up my makeup, all I could think about was all the fun we'd have. I was so excited to get to wake up to someone for the rest of my life. More than anything, I couldn't wait to soar through life with this man and create our family and all of our dreams come true.

Well, as you can see, I may have been living in la-la land that day. I mean, we had pre-marital counseling. We were told marriage wasn't easy and that there would be hard times. In my head I knew that but in my heart I was so in love with `this incredible man, that couldn't imagine everything not being PERFECT!!!
Now, after 10 years, I can say that marriage has been hard (especially after having children). I can also say, I HAVE LOVED EVERY MINUTE!!!! I married the man God had for me and we fit perfectly. Where I am weak, he is strong and vice versa. To some people, 10 years doesn't seem very long, and to some, it may seem forever away. These 10 years have flown. So, I have a list of things we have gone through in just 10 years of marriage.

1. We have moved 3 times and served in 3 churches.
2. We have had 2 children and have 3 babies in heaven.
3. I have lost me Father and Josh has lost an amazing aunt and grandmother.
4. We've watched friends marry and have babies and even now have nieces.
5. We have been blessed my three amazing youth groups full of teenagers we will never forget and leaders that will always be our friends.
6. We have been on countless trips to PA, SC, FL, Missouri, NY, VA, GA, Africa. Most were mission trips and some were visiting family or taking youth to camps.
7. We have seen and been able to lead many to Christ.
8. Josh and I have seen our daughter surrender her life to the Lord.
9. I have seen Josh catch our yard on fire. ( I had to throw that in there babe :))
10. We have been on roller coaster rides with life and have seen God carry us through time and time again.

That is just a list of some things. I am more than blessed with the life that God has given me. Josh and I are not perfect but our marriage is more important to us than our own rights. I love him with every ounce of my being and could not imagine life without him. I pray for him daily to be the leader of our home and to follow Christ wherever He leads. Josh has grown more than I could ever have imagined. I love him more now than I ever thought was possible. So, as I think back 10 years ago, and remember that day, all I can really think is WOW, I HAD NO IDEA HOW MUCH FUN WE'D HAVE!!!!!! I love you Josh and can't wait to see what else God has in store for us. MY CUP RUNNETH OVER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment