Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Daughter!!!

I am in a reflective mode maybe because my children just had birthday's. Well, Katelyn Faith just turned 8. It seems so fast. I was organizing some of my pictures the other day and there she was: my little girl with crazy hair that we couldn't get to lay down. So, here is a list of all the things that makes her special:

1. She is unbelievably beautiful and already knows that her body is a Temple. She will pick clothes that are modest and make sure things aren't to low on her or she'll grab a tank top.( thank the Lord)
2. She is intelligent and strong-willed. I know this strong-will is going to come in handy later but now it is hard at times. We are just teaching her authority and God is the ultimate.
3. Sometimes I wonder if she was given to the wrong family. She loves the outdoors, animals, dirt, climbing trees, hiking, riding her bike, carving with her knife, jumping off 15 ft diving boards and pretty much anything outside and dirty. She could very well live on a farm and work harder than any man. She would milk cows, ride horses, sleep outside, dissect frogs, etc. Josh and I love a/c, to be clean, sleeping in a bed, could never take care of animals on a farm (they wouldn't survive), and we love the Indoors!!!
4. She has a huge heart for those less fortunate and those in need. She wants to go to nursing homes and hospitals to visit. It doesn't scare her a bit. She even talks about being a missionary in Africa.
5. She has her own style. I try my hardest to get her in a dress and a bow, BUT IT WON'T HAPPEN. She loves t-shirts, shorts, and tennis shoes. She loves to " look cool" not " pretty", even though she is so pretty and will break hearts one day(already is).
6. I love her passion for life. She lives everyday to the fullest, that's for sure.
7. She surrendered her life to the Lord when she was 5. She came to us and confessed everything she had ever done. Not brushing her teeth when we told her to, saying things about us when we left the room, etc... :). That was a day that I had prayed for and I continue to pray that her life would make Jesus famous wherever she goes.
8. She looks up to very godly women we know and that makes me happy. She sees the traits that a godly woman has and wants to have those as well.
9. She is so good at sports and wants to do it all. Soccer, Softball, Basketball. And music....guitar, drums. She even says traveling around and singing about Jesus would be so cool. ( like her hero Courtney Phelps).
10. I love this little girl so much and all that she has brought to our lives. She has such a future and I see everyday that God created her just the way she is for His purpose. I know that she is and will do great things.

So, that's just a short list of this amazing girl God gave me. She teaches me everyday just in her life. I love her more than words can say and I am so proud to be her momma!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment