Sunday, July 10, 2011

I Just Need Jesus

I heard a sermon today that knocked me back. He was preaching out of the book of Mark and on the faith of Joseph and the women who came to Jesus' tomb. The part that stood out to me was when Joseph went and asked for Jesus's body. He didn't ask for miracles, signs, and wonders....JUST JESUS. If Jesus never did another good thing for me, would I still follow Him? If all I got was just Jesus, would I have surrendered my life to Him? We are constantly wanting Jesus to do something for us and show us great things but what if we just wanted JESUS? When I pray, do I just pray for more of Him or more of cool things He does. I feel like when I can say all I want is Jesus, my faith will soar.

My life at this moment is in the air. I have lots of questions I want answered and healing I want to see. Josh and I have no idea what is next and that scares me to death most days. But then there are moments, when Jesus sits with me and whispers...." All you need is me." The calmness and peace is overwhelming in those moments. I like to be comfortable, who doesn't?? I WILL NEVER DO WHAT JESUS HAS FOR ME TO DO IN COMFORT!!!! I never thought I'd say those words. My faith will be based on signs and wonders instead of my Savior who just asks for surrender. So, give me Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment