Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Discipline Cards....

I read a blog on Confessions of a Homeschooler about discipline cards. I LOVED IT!!! It is a box of chores that are not regular chores that you may have kids already doing. Its those things you hate to do around the house. We have transitioned with Katelyn in disciplining. She is now 8 and we have decided to stop spankings (sorry for those who don't spank, we do). So, I have been trying to figure out ways to still discipline when she disobeys or has an unhappy attitude. So, I love this idea of Discipline Cards. Here is how it works. You find a box, cut some cards or make little cards and print them out, put them in box and you have a Discipline Box. I also put a verse on mine to remind her that Honoring her Father and Mother is a Commandment with a promise. Here are some pics. I just handmade it all but the lady who blogged about it had printed out cute papers with pics on them. I hope this is an idea some of you may find to work. We shall see and I will update on its effectiveness!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment