Thursday, July 21, 2011

My son Samuel Lucas

Well, yesterday i wrote about how awesome my daughter is. Now, I am sitting here watching Samuel eat a bagel and yell at the top of his lungs every word he knows because that's just what he does. We are continually blessed by this little man. For those who don't know our story, here it is:

When Katelyn was three we started trying to have another baby. I had extreme Post Partum depression with Katelyn so we were really scared. We got pregnant right away and something went wrong. I ended up miscarrying and having to have surgery. A couple months later, we were pregnant again. After 8 weeks, I miscarried for a second time. The doctors continued to tell me having 2 was ok. There was nothing wrong with me. A couple months later, I was pregnant for the 4th time in my life. And again, at 9 weeks, we lost another blessing. At this point, doctors were concerned at having 3 miscarriages in a such a short amount of time. They ran lots of tests and did ultrasounds and everything came back perfectly fine. They had no answers for us and we asked " why?" I WAS DONE!!!! I sold everything from Katelyn's old crib to everything baby I had leftover. I just knew we would have only one child and I was ok with that. Right after our third miscarriage, Josh went to Africa to preach in the jails. When he got home, he told me about a Christian government official he met. This man was over the jails in his city. He told Josh about the trouble him and his wife had having babies. He said they cried out and God gave them a son and they named him Samuel which means: The Lord has heard my cry! And then this man told Josh if we would cry out to the Lord, He will give us a son and we will name him Samuel. Well, my heart was so broken, I didn't care what anyone said, I WAS DONE!! That Sunday, a sweet lady came to me at church and told me she had been praying for a year that we would have another child. I was blown away. Just what was God thinking? Josh continued to pray for me and after many months of healing , I said "ok, we'll try, but this is it." Of course, I had no problem getting pregnant. 8 weeks came and went. 12 weeks came and went. 20 weeks came, and time to find out the sex. We already knew it was a boy, but what the heck. So, here we were, baby healthy, momma healthy, and it is a BOY!!!! I wasn't keen on the name Samuel, but God affirmed through lots of things that this was to be his name. So, we now have Samuel Lucas Kappes and I am so happy we didn't stop trying. Here is what God blessed us with.

1. Samuel is full of energy and has the goofiest sense of humor like his daddy.
2. He loves to sing and play drums. Drums can be anywhere. Chinese restaurant with chop sticks and even down to forks on a table for the whole restaurant to hear. He also loves air guitar at all times. Dancing comes along with all of it.
3. He loves to be outside but not in the sun. He is not a fan.
3. I love his sweet smile, blonde hair, and blue eyes. He is a spitting image of his father.
4. He talks all the time, clear as day. His older sister may have had something to do with that.
5. His fits consist of him just laying on the floor rolling around quietly or screaming at the top of his lungs for all to hear.
6. Right now, everything is the color Blue. It must be his favorite.
7. He loves to hug and say sorry when he offends other little people.
8. When we say time for night night, his response it, " I watch cartoons 5 minutes."
8. HE LOVES MILK!!!!
9. Samuel is not our dare devil. He will not just jump on something or slide right down. He is deathly afraid of Chuckie Cheese and the Chic-Fil-A Cow. His favorite thing to say in those situations is, " It scare you."
10. When he knows he is going to get in trouble, his famous quote is, " I funny, I so funny." That comes with a big huge smile and it makes it very hard to discipline him.
11. I love this little boy with all my heart. I can't believe that I almost gave up and this little boy was just waiting for us. I know that he will do great things and become the Man of God that God has created him to be. He makes us laugh constantly and his smile will melt your heart.


I am blessed with these amazing kids and God has so much in store for them. Even though it is very hard most days to be a stay at home mom, I WOULDN'T TRADE IT FOR THE WORLD. I love seeing them learn and grow and I know that God has called me to a great work: Raising Disciples!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment