Sunday, November 27, 2011

Comparing!!

Isn't that what we do? Compare ourselves to others. We see all the good things in someone's else's life and assume that we would be better if we had a life like theirs. A few months ago, I finally felt that I was comfortable in my own skin. I finally got to a point where I looked at other people's lives and realized I was called to the life I have by the Lord and for that reason alone I was blessed. Then, it seems to creep back in. Not all at one time but in small waves. I know we all think someone else has it better. I want to encourage all of you that comparing is discontentment. We also have no idea the things in other's lives that we think are so great. We do not know the past someone has had to go through to get where they are now. We don't know the daily struggles that person has that they can't seem to be set free from. We have no idea the issues that a person's deals with everyday whether physical, mental, or circumstantial. So, stop comparing. If you are walking with the Lord, He is all you need to compare your life to. Emulate Jesus and no one else. He is the picture we should constantly look at in comparison.
Sometimes we compare in other ways. We can compare in the other direction. We look at someone else and think we have it together better than them so we are living a more godly life. But what about when you compare your life to Jesus'? Now how godly do we look?? Isn't that what it's about though: LOOKING MORE LIKE JESUS!! I want to look and live like Him and no one else. That is much harder to do but oh so worth it.My life can be much sweeter with Him as my example.

No comments:

Post a Comment