Tuesday, November 15, 2011

a Good Judge

We are still making our way through our God's Names book for our family Bible time. Today, we talked about God being the Judge. People all over the world say that God is loving and good. We tend to forget that He is also a Judge. He makes all the decisions and is in charge. God is a GOOD Judge. He judges on the heart. He doesn't judge whether you are smart, good-looking, wealthy, poor, male, or female. He judges your heart. I know that God is love but He is also just. He will bring justice in every situation and He determines what is justice. While we studied this today, we were also brought to the realization of heaven and hell. Because God is a good Judge, those places have to exist. There is no in between or a third choice. You go to heaven or hell when you die. If God is a good Judge and judges on a man's heart, then we all deserve hell. We were born in sin and imperfection. But then Jesus came and paid our ransom. God turned His back on His own Son so that we may live forever with Him in heaven. So many people want to say God is love but forget that He is also the Judge that decides which place we end up. He made a way but so many still make the decision to walk another way. Why?? The God of the universe made a way for us to be with Him forever and have a personal connection with Him in life. I don't get it sometimes. To me, there is no other decision to make or way to go. I am so thankful for Jesus taking my place on that cross. Every sin I have committed and will commit is forever forgiven. I will sin and I will fail, but I am made righteous in the eyes of my Judge. I am thankful for a good Judge. I am thankful for a Savior you paid my debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment