Friday, November 4, 2011

It is not UNSEEN!!!

I have to admit(and my husband would agree) that I am capable of many pity parties in a week. Especially if its a week where I am not feeling well physically and can't get all the things done I want. I literally am moving all day long, mentally and physically(why am I not skinnier?) I wake up to a 2 year old screaming because that's how he tells us he's awake. From that moment on, it is one thing after another. Breakfast, Bible, Laundry, Math, Language, Changing diapers, Lunch, History, Science, Playing Trains, Singing ABC songs, Rocking to Sleep, Shower (maybe), Checking messages and e-mails, Picking up toys and whatever else gets thrown all over, and etc....etc....etc.... This week, I felt unappreciated. I saw all these things I do and know God has called me to do and I felt unseen. I wondered if anybody notices all that I do in a day. I wondered why I don't get sick days (although my husband stayed home to let me rest). I wondered if I didn't do any of it, would it get done. Lastly, I wondered if Josh and my children knew how much I do and sacrifice to make this house a home.

Finally, I came to a conclusion. I am never unseen by my Savior. He sees day and day out. He knows every struggle when teaching Math and every shirt I fold and refold. He sees when I am tired and when I  get frustrated at the dishwasher for not cleaning well. More than anything, He sees me!!! The good and the bad, the dirty and the clean, the wise and the unwise. He walks with me in it everyday. I am always seen and appreciated by Him and that is the only one I am working for. He is the audience and I am thankful for that. So while I had my pity party, I learned something about God. He gives me strength on those days and takes over when I can't handle any more. He also helps me to get up, suck it up, and work hard unto Him and not man. My husband and children do appreciate me but not more than Him!!!

1 comment: