Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

I just wanted to write and wish all of my friends and family a very Merry Christmas. We have so many that read this blog from far away and we are so glad we get to have this to share our family with you. This Christmas is so different because of so many changes. This will be my first Christmas without my dad and this is the first Christmas that Josh is not a pastor at a church. Now, the first difference is going to make this holiday sad but still praising the Lord. The second difference, I am actually loving.

For 10 years, Josh has been a pastor in a church so Christmas was a busy time. He was always gone to this special service and that special meeting. He would have youth parties and be gone so much even during this holiday. This year, not being a pastor, my husband has been home. We have had family worship times with a new book Josh bought for the kids. We have sung and made a gingerbread house. We even got the garage organized(that was NOT FUN). We have had fun at Christmas parties and having people over for dinner. We painted Katelyn's room, TOGETHER, as part of her Christmas. We have also had moments of driving each other crazy...hehe. With all that said, as much as my husband loved being a pastor and pouring into teenagers every chance he could, I am glad to have him home for this Christmas. Even with him working at his "normal" job, he has been home and I am so thankful to God for this amazing Christmas to not be busy "doing", but just spending time together worshipping the KING!!! I have no idea what next Christmas will look like but this Christmas, I am having so much fun with my family.

I pray that each of you take moments to remember what God did during this time. Sending His son to die, rise from the dead, and save us from ourselves is what this time means to me. I am so thankful that a Savior came for me when I deserved nothing. I pray that you have an amazing Christmas and wonderful New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment