Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Our Christmas!!

I love giving my kids gifts. I love seeing there excitement and the sparkle in their eye when they receive that gift they've been asking for. I LOVE IT!!!! But, what I love more is that my kids are so thankful. I am not sure what we did to raise them this way. I don't know if it was teaching them to say "thank you". I don't know if it was teaching them that when people give you gifts, it is an act of love and they should be very grateful. I have no idea but what I do know is that I love how they were excited about every little thing and hugged and thanked everyone for every gift. I was so proud of Katelyn this Christmas because she even said to me that she would give up her Electric Scooter if she could see family members she hadn't seen in awhile. I saw how "stuff" didn't matter to her as much this year and I am so happy to see her little heart growing like that. We had a great Christmas and even though my dad was missing this year, I think he was honored by how much we loved on each other this year. I missed seeing him laugh when the kids did funny things and I missed buying him a gift. I know he had an amazing Christmas in heaven with His Savior and I will cling to that picture to get me through the first's. I thought I'd share some cute pictures of the kids opening presents and having fun.

                                           GUESS WHO GOT DRUMS?????
                                          He really is a drummer!!!! Loved them!!!
                                          Sissy even got in on the "rock" action

Katelyn got an Electric scooter that she loved and we snapped some pictures of her enjoying that.



I loved seeing my kids enjoying fun stuff. It makes me think of when our Heavenly Father blesses us sometimes with things we want. He loves to give us good gifts and I am sure it brings Him pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment