Friday, March 9, 2012

A Year Later!!!

It really doesn't feel like its been a year since my dad went to be with His Maker. The last few weeks have been especially hard for me and brought much crying to my soul. This week has been one bad day after another. I have become so weary and discouraged when things have not gone as planned in the lives of ones I love. My dad was just such a solid in our lives, that we have days when we miss that rock, that person who helped cope. But I am very grateful that I serve The Solid Rock that makes it possible to live each day in grace and healing. I know that we will have hard days and I know we will have good days but more than anything, we are renewed when we let God step in and take on all the weight we just can't lift anymore!!! So, tonight, after a long couple of days, I rejoice and celebrate that my dad has spent a year in the arms of Christ, full of peace and free from pain and sorrow.

Dad,

WE MISS YOU!!! Selfishly, we want you here with us but spiritually, you are HOME!! We are getting through slowly. Mom is on a road of healing and we are trying to take good care of her. We can never take care of her as well as you did, that's for sure, but we are giving it all we got!!! She has a completely different life that is taking some getting used to. Thank you for loving her so unconditionally and teaching me that two people can love each other despite anything that is thrown their way!!! I am so thankful that you were my dad and that you were her husband!!! I love you so much and miss everything about you but celebrate that you are home! See ya soon!!

1 comment: