Saturday, March 3, 2012

No Higher Calling!!!

Yesterday I was asked what my "role" will be as we plant a church and being a pastor's wife. I answered very quickly and simply: " to bring glory to God by doing what he called me to: being my husbands helpmate and biggest fan and disciplining my children to know and follow Jesus so that when we release them to this world they are ready to make Jesus famous with their lives." That's it!!! Many times people expect the pastor's wife to do as much or more than any other person in the church. I disagree and will for the rest of my life. Ultimately, I will do whatever God calls me to do within the church but my main calling is to encourage and lift up my husband so that he can be every bit of the man God has called him to be and to raise my children with a God vision for the world around them to impact it for the glory of God. Right now, that is all that my "ROLE" is!!! I thought I'd share just exactly the people I have been called to minister to first in my life:






1 comment:

  1. I'll never forget when we were working with the youth at woodlawn and josh was doing an interview of Ashley and Wesley caldwell. He asked Ashley something like what her goals in life were. Her answer was the help and serve Wesley as he pursued his calling. That resonated with me and I have thought about it often since then. You're right- there is no higher calling than the one you are pursuing!

    ReplyDelete