Friday, July 27, 2012

Our Differences!!!

Josh and I will be married 11 years tomorrow. Each year I am astounded that we have been married this long because it has flown by. I was thinking today about how Josh and I are so different. Josh is laid back; I am not so much:). Josh is a night person and comes alive after 5. I could go to bed at 8 and would rather be in my pajamas by 5 every night. Josh could be surrounded with a lot of people every second of the day and love it. I love being around a lot of people for a certain amount of time and then I need some alone time. Josh could eat cereal with an ice cream scooper so he doesn't have to wash dishes. I go crazy if a few dishes are in the sink and I have to get them out of there. Josh sees something and has no idea what to do with it. I see something and can vision what all it could be with the right paint or decor. Josh says "crick", I say "creek." Josh could eat only meat for the rest of his life; I could eat only vegetables the rest of mine. If Josh could, he'd wear a t-shirt and gym shorts everyday. I end up wearing that but love to dress up when going out. Josh has no desire for tools or dirt. I love fixing things and actually would rather have tools for a gift rather than flowers or jewelry. Josh is the "fun" one; I am the "get it done" one. Josh could talk about theology ALL DAY LONG. I also love to talk about it but I get to a point where it wears me out. Josh doesn't worry about much; I worry about a lot. Josh is extremely intelligent: I am extremely, uh, creative (hehe).

There are so many other differences between us and the list could go on for awhile. The great thing is that with our differences we make a pretty good team. We both love Jesus and want to serve Him, we both have a desire to see people follow Jesus with all or their heart, we both love playing sports and fishing, we both love eating out and having time with our friends, we both see our role as parents as the biggest calling we have been given, we both love our families and all the ways we have been blessed by them, and we both can't wait to spend another 50 years together. Happy Anniversary to my sweet man and best friend!!! GO TEAM KAPPES!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment