Tuesday, September 18, 2012

To My Sweet Girl!

Since I am home after surgery recovering and basically DOING NOTHING, I am relying on others and even on my sweet girl to handle things for me. She is 9 and can run this house better than me. She tells me when I should nap and to remember that the doctor said you have to take it easy. There used to be days 2 years ago that I would see the Big Yellow School Bus come through the neighborhood and I'd think, " Wow, what am I doing?" or " I wonder if we can work out a deal and they could just let my kids ride around for a couple of hours."(don't judge:) Now, I see the bus and think, " I am so glad we are in this together and I am blessed to be called to this life. I am so happy." I was thinking about how Katelyn is growing so fast and how I started this blog to have it to show my kids when they get older and that they can find strength and encouragement from it.  So here it is: A Letter To My Sweet Girl!

Katelyn,

I LOVE YOU!!! When you were very small, you gave us a run for our money. You are strong-willed, full of energy and wonder, our animal, music, and sports loving tomboy, and our sweet angel. I am so proud of the little woman I see growing in you and I am honored that God gave you to me. There are days when we barely make it through but I wouldn't change a thing. You make me smile A LOT and bring joy to our world. I pray that God uses you greatly to further His Kingdom and that He becomes so real to you as the years go by. Your dad and I have seen you grow and change and wish we could keep you like this forever. I know that you have an amazing future ahead of you. You want to be a missionary, a Veterinarian, a musician, a Horse farmer, a photographer, a MOM, and even a soccer player. I don't know which one will be what God calls you to but I know that you will be great at any of them (you already are). Thank you for teaching me more than I've taught you and thank you for loving me and forgiving me when I mess up and let you down. Thank you for taking such good care of me when I am down and for your hugs and kisses when I need them the most. Thank you for having a giving spirit for others and for desiring to change this world for Jesus. Thank you for being who you are no matter if others get it or not and thank you for not caring what others think. You amaze me with your faith, genuine spirit, love, and STYLE!!! I love you more than you will ever know and I am so glad God let me be your mom. I can't wait to continue this life with you and see God transform your life. You have my heart and you always will, no matter what!

Love,
Mommy









No comments:

Post a Comment