Friday, September 14, 2012

True Love!!

There are so many people in the world who have never known a love like mine. My first ever love is Christ. There is no love like the love He has for me. When it comes to men, my father was my first love. He was gracious, kind, funny, loving, forgiving, and patient. As I grew, I prayed I would find a man like him to spend the rest of my life with. I spent time with many who were good but none compared to the true love that I have now in my husband. He is perfect for me and meets me where I am weak. As a young woman I thought love was what the movies made it out to be. As I grew, I realized that love was from God and it was created for me to experience Him in it. Love was made to glorify God and I have husband who does just that.

Love is not long walks on beaches: it is watching me birth two children and telling me I'm still the sexiest woman alive. Love is not butterflies in my stomach: it is holding me when I don't understand the depression that is overtaking my mind. Love is not getting along all the time: it is fighting through difficulty and coming out on the other side stronger and closer. Love is not having everything we want: it is pushing through the hard times and seeing the blessing that is our life. Love is not quitting when there's failure: it is loving the other person knowing that I too am imperfect and could fail at any point. Love is not selfish: it is holding me when the first man I ever loved met Jesus. Love is not good health: it is when a catheter has to be emptied in the middle of the night or you need your hand held when the doctor tells you it's another miscarriage. Love is beyond limits of time and it is all for God's glory so that in the love I feel here, I see Jesus. The way I love and am loved here on earth is a picture of the love my Savior gives me everyday. I pray that each of you will have a husband like mine, a husband who is a picture of true love and devotion, not only in the good, but also in the REALLY BAD!! Thank you Josh for pulling me through(especially this week) every step of the way. You love me more than I deserve and see me better than I am!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment