Thursday, September 1, 2011

Frogs and Dirt...that's my girl!!!

This is what makes Katelyn happy.

If you can't tell, she caught a frog. I remember when she was born, everything I had for her was pink, lacy, fluffy, and lots of sparkle. I was so excited to have a girl and I couldn't wait to see her grow up wearing princesses dresses and picking out sparkly shoes. WELLLLLL, not so much. When she hit about age 3, she said to me one day, " Mommy, I don't wanna wear that big bow in my hair. It gets in my way when I play." And, it had begun. By age 4, anything pink, princcessy, or sparkly was out the door. She wanted a Superman Birthday cake and camo boots!!! I fought it for a long time. I'd beg and bribe. Then, all of a sudden I realized. She's AWESOME!!!! I am not prissy so why was I making her? I love going as many places as I can without shoes and you will always see my nails short and no polish. I love swimming in the dirty lake and grew up helping dad in his toolshed. Now, I don't claim to a tomboy. There are still parts of me that are very girly and I love pink. But, I see now, that my daughter was created to do awesome things. Whatever He has given her in interest and talent is what He will use in her life to do His will!!!! I LOVE HER!!!!! I never know what will come out of her mouth and she makes us laugh a lot. We have almost finished 3 weeks of homeschool and I am seeing even more the gifts and great things within her little heart. My job is to train and disciple her to know how to use those things for His glory!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment