Monday, September 26, 2011

One of Those Days!!!

I HAVE HAD ONE OF THOSE DAYS!!! It has been awhile since my morning started off as bad as it did today. As I look back, my reaction to the things that were disturbing me may have made it worse...;). I have had plenty of mornings like this but this was different. The way I usually get after mornings like that was to remove something from my plate immediately. I try and get rid of the biggest stress asap, which usually is a bot of an overreacting mindset. If we bought a puppy and I started to stress, the puppy was gone by nightfall. If Homeschooling was sooo hard one day, my first thought was to stick Katelyn in school (even though God has called me to do it). If something in the house doesn't look right, I do everything in my power to change it: even if that means buying a new item or going crazy finding a replacement. I don't know why I do that. I don't know if it is an issue of comfort, contentment, or control. It could be all three. Now, back to this morning. As the morning started off dreadfully and I was totally stressed by 9am, I had not thoughts of changing anything. I didn't want to give up homeschooling. I didn't want to ship my kids off. I just pushed through and everything was back to calm by 12. Why is that? I HAVE NO IDEA!!!! God's grace, waking up before the kids and digging into the Word (which rarely happens when its quiet), or growing in the calling the Lord has for me. All I know is that I like feeling this way. I like seeing the stresses of the day as just that, STRESSES. They are not the end. They are not meant to break me (unless God wants them to). They are not my excuse to give up and throw in the towel. I am thankful that God keeps showing me my shortcomings so that I can grow closer to Him. He has so much for me and until I surrender all the craziness that is me, I will stay in chains. True freedom is my desire. Thought I'd share what I learned to day and let you in all my imperfections...haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment