Monday, October 3, 2011

I think I'm losing it!!

Ok. I was so excited this past weekend when Samuel just up and started going potty. We still had a busy weekend so he was still in a diaper most of the time. Today, I have keep him out of the diaper all day. NO ACCIDENTS!!! He tells me when he has to go and he even went and popped while I was doing math with Katelyn. He just came out and said, " I pooped". WHAT???? I was so excited and he has been getting stickers galore every time he goes. We just made a trip to Walmart to get Big Boy Underwear. Now I am watching him walk around in these underwear and I am overcome with sadness. As excited as I am, he is not a baby anymore. He climbs out of his crib, is going potty, and Big Boy Underwear???? AHHHH!!! I didn't think I'd be this way. Don't get me wrong, I am glad that we get to sleep through the night now and he tells us when he needs something. I am glad to see his personality and watch him learn. But I miss my chubby cheeked, bald baby boy!!! I remember when we first had Katelyn, people telling us to cherish it because she would grow so fast. At the time, my thoughts were, good, because then I can sleep again and she can talk and walk and it will just be easier. NOW, I get it. It has gone fast. I am so glad I am here to cherish every moment with them. I see everything they learn and do. I see when they cry and when they want to sing songs. I see when they get mad and frustrated. I want even those hard moments to be cherished and remembered. So, today, I am one sad momma but also a very proud one.

No comments:

Post a Comment