Monday, October 31, 2011

the IMMODESTY of Halloween.

Ok. I just can't stay quiet on this subject. I have always been a person who speaks about modesty and the way girls and women should dress, especially if they claim to know Christ. So, those of you who read this can take it or leave it. God's word makes it very clear about the way we present ourselves:
     
Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to Him as instruments of righteousness.
~Romans 6:13~

Now, I know that some girls would say, " Hey, its not my sin, it's the sin of the guy looking". NOT TRUE!!!! Take Romans 14:21," It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do ANYTHING ELSE that will cause your BROTHER to fall." Sounds like it is the girl's sin too if you claim to live by scripture. When we cause our brother's to stumble which is the word, lust, we are sinning as well. I have never understood why girl's and women do not care about what we do to the men around us. More than anything, this is a heart issue. It is not a clothing or changing the outside issue. IT IS OUR HEARTS. Now, when I quote scripture, I am talking to those girl's and women who claim to know Christ. Are you dressing in a way that is honoring to the Lord? Can you honestly say it doesn't matter?

Now, to get back to Halloween. It seems like every year the costumes get closer and closer to women and even GIRL'S wearing the least amount of material as possible. Some of you would never where that on any other day but because its Halloween, GO FOR IT!!! The one time of year where I can just go crazy and not care what I am doing to the men around me, who by the way, may have wives or may be trying so hard to live a godly life. How disrespectful to God, yourself, those men, and the women they are married to. I wish so much that girl's and women understood the awesome way God sees them. He died for us. Is that not enough to bring us to a place of holiness and consideration of His word? We all have sin. I have things I struggle with daily. I am no where near perfect and never will be. I strive each day to live closer to my Savior and live in a way that pleases Him. But when we blatantly and consciously dress in a way that dishonors Him and cause those around us to sin, we are not living the incredible life God wants for us. I just want us, WOMEN, to see the impact we could have on the world when we actually live like Christians. When we follow His word, when we seek His face, and when we see ourselves and bodies as TEMPLES, then we can understand why what we wear matters. Why do we do it??? Ask yourself, why do you do it?? Attention, feel better about yourself?? Make a man wanna know your heart. I am so glad I am married to a man who loved my modesty and cherished that part of me. Halloween and any other day of the year is another day to show Christ to those around us. God should be honored and glorified EVERYDAY with how we present Him and Christianity.

 " Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the RENEWING of you MIND. The you will be able to test and approve what is God's will-His good, pleasing, and perfect will." 
~Romans 12:2~

I could go on and on and if you wanna talk more, let me know. I'll leave you with a quote from Albert Einstein:
" If most of us are ashamed of shabby clothes,...let us be more ashamed of shabby ideas and shoddy philiosophies....it would be a sad situation if the wrapper were better than the meat wrapped up inside it".

No comments:

Post a Comment