Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Holding a Baby

Last night I got to hold a sweet 11 month old baby, Pearce. She is the sweetest little thing and I loved her coo's and laughs. Pearce was born with Anencephaly. She was suppose to be born and live just a few seconds or minutes and she is now 11 months old. She was in the hospital last night with tubes and machines hooked to her, but she was still so precious and pure. This was the first time I got to hold her. Josh was there when she was born, dedicating her to the Lord and praying over her and her family not knowing that she would just keep on fighting and live longer than anyone knew. As I held her last night, I thought of the love Jesus has for her. I thought about how He looks at her as perfect and beautiful. He sees her smokey blue eyes and soft skin and sees a baby made in His image. Her life is important and needed. She is worth every struggle her mom has to go through and every trip to the doctor her family has to take. God knew her before she was ever born and He knew she would make a difference in this world without ever speaking a word. I looked at her and thought, " Some women would have ended her life before it ever began because of the diagnosis she was given." Her mom made a different choice and her life will never be the same. You look at this little girl and you see hope and grace like you've never seen before. She is a picture of perfection among thorns that her body has developed. I could have held her all night (I'm sure her family would have something to say about that, they all had dibs on holding her :)...). These are the kinds of children that make this world seem different and change our view of what is important. I love her and have only met her once. For those of you who do not know Pearce, please pray with us as she battles through these struggles in the next few weeks. Pray that doctors would see Pearce as worth every effort and a picture of Christ in a small little package. Pray that her family would find rest and peace in the Lord while they are tired and pushing through. There is a shirt that Samuel has that as soon as I saw Pearce, I thought it was perfect for this little angel......" Small but Mighty!!!!"

1 comment:

  1. That's beautiful Jenna...I long for the day and the chance to hold her and love on her too! We're praying here at my home in Texas and will not cease... =)

    ReplyDelete