Sunday, January 22, 2012

If it was all gone...

Would you show up to gather with people just to be in God's presence? If all the colored lights were gone and there was no dynamic speaker, no Awanna, no youth group, no music, no A/c or heat, and no security would you still be excited to gather just for the sake of worshipping at the feet of Jesus? This thought has hit me like a ton of bricks. As I read more and more of the people in other countries who have to hide to meet together, I wonder if we will ever be that way. They meet in underground basements and abandoned buildings. There is no entertainment to draw them in, no really cool music to make them "feel" good, no comfortable seats or really comfort at all, and no promise of safety. But these gatherings are growing incredibly and people are risking it all to go to these meetings. I sometimes wonder, when we'll see Jesus as ENOUGH!! They do!!! The only thing that draws them in is Him and His glory and presence. It must be enough! You won't hear them say, " Wow, I love how that place made me feel." How do we get to this place of being excited about meeting with Jesus and nothing else? Now, there are great things we get to do at church and that are amazing but they mean nothing if that is our only reason for going and the only thing we look forward to. I guess I wanna get real and say that God has been showing me this lately. He has caused me to ask myself these questions and decide what I think my excitement and joy need to come from. If it was all taken away, ALL OF IT, would I still go and gather with my brother and sisters in anticipation of seeing Jesus? I pray that as I share what God has been dealing with me about lately that you would also ask yourself these questions. I have no idea when I'll get to that point(I may never living in America) but I want to strive to make it there. I want to say each and every day that JESUS IS ENOUGH!!!

1 comment:

  1. Have you read "Radical" by David Platt? Great book that goes along with your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete