Friday, January 27, 2012

THE MOM I WANNA BE.......the mom I am.

Today as I sit and think about all the women out there that just feel like they can't be all that God has created them to be. They feel this way because other women have told them where they have failed or they compare themselves to that really great woman(I know we all have "her" in our lives) that God never intended us to be like. Whatever has made us feel like we have failed or can't be all that we want to be, God has a plan and calling for us all. We will not all look the same, we will not act the same, we will not parent the same, and we may not even eat the same but it is a good thing God created us in His image and not in the image of each other. If we look, act, love, parent, etc the way Jesus tells us to then we are accomplishing all that God has called us to. God has called me to be a stay at home, homeschooling mom in this season of my life. He may take me through different seasons but this is where He has me for now. I am blown away that He would choose me to raise and disciple these 2 sweet children. There are days when I wonder what he was thinking but at the end of the day, He has called me regardless of how good I am at it or how accomplished I feel. So here is my list.

THE MOM I WANNA BE!                                        the mom i am
Patient                                                                            impatient when I'm trying
                                                                                       without God
Disciplined(in working out)                                           hate the thought of a treadmill
Submissive                                                                     like control(working on this)
Fun                                                                                 has a hard time giving up a
                                                                                       schedule to have fun
Worry-Free                                                                     worry-some
In The Word Everyday For Hours                                 HAHAHAHA
Compassionate                                                               was very compassionate
                                                                                       before kids....ughh
Encouraging                                                                   sarcastic

......and the list goes on and on. Each day I bombard myself with thoughts of how I could be and do so much better. Then, I ask God what He thinks of me and I am immediately filled with peace because He calls me righteous. Not because I do righteous things but because when I surrendered my life to Him, I became righteous in His sight. Most days I just think He's up there laughing at me trying to make it through a day without His help. I think He wonders when I'll just stop and ask Him for all the things I need to get through that day. Whatever God has called you to: teaching, a business, staying home, a life of singleness, a mission field, etc: embrace where you are and thank God everyday that you are created in His image instead of the image of someone else. I want to be the mom on the left side of my list and I can work really hard to be her but my best efforts will never get me there. Then..... I think: If God already sees me righteous, He sees me as the mom on the left side. He sees my heart!!! God sees you and and He knows your heart. He sees all that you wanna be and all that you can be. He created you to be that!!! Walk in His truth and surrender daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment