Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What I Was Taught!!

Growing up, I was always taught that I needed to be in church and involved in everything. I'm not going to lie, it did make me feel better about myself. It was like God saw me showing up for everything and He somehow put me on a higher pedestal than non-churchgoers. As I have grown in my walk with the Lord and in maturity I have realized that this thinking is inaccurate. YES, going to church is important. I would think that genuine Christians would want to be involved in church. We need that fellowship and encouragement with other believers. It is a time to learn and grow but it does not redeem your soul or put you on a higher level with God. Josh and I have been coming up with our faith statement of what our church will be about and seeking the Lord on what He wants it to be. One big thing is creating a church that is missional. Now, I do not mean we'll go on big mission trips once a year, which is great, and assume that as being missional. I mean everyday missional, teaching Christians to do their normal everyday lives in a missional way. This video is a great example of what I mean when I say doing your everyday while making Jesus famous. Be blessed and encouraged!!!


www.youtube.com

No comments:

Post a Comment