Tuesday, May 1, 2012

An 8 Year Old Blog

My daughter had an assignment in Spelling that she needed to write an autobiography. She didn't think that would be very interesting since she is only 8 years old( sorry ...8 and 3/4). She decided she wanted to write about her salvation and when she turned her heart to the Lord instead. That seemed much more interesting. Then, she asked if she could have her own blog. I didn't know how I felt about that but I didn't want to stop her from loving to write stories and journaling. I told her that if she wanted to write a blog and share it, that I would put it on my blog and then she could still enjoy writing under the umbrella of supervision of me. SOOOOO, she wanted me to share her very first entry about her surrender to the Lord.....ENJOY THE MIND OF AN 8 YEAR OLD!!!! ( I left it just the way she wrote it...wrong punctuation and all :)...that was very hard for me to do...LOL)



How  I  got  saved

One night I was putting my pajamas on when I felt this person saying to me: Katelyn come to me come so that one day we can see each other. From the top of my head I knew that it was god calling me to get saved. So when that happened I ran straight out to mom and told her what god told me. And as a tear fell from my moms face she called my dad and told him what I had said as a tear fell down his face we talked about Jesus and what it means to be saved and how when we get saved that the holy spirit comes into our hearts and leads us. That night I was wondering if I where really going to heaven. That Easter Sunday I woke up joyful to know that I was going to get baptized by my very own daddy. That day me Katelyn Faith Kappes, age 5 was saved and going to heaven. But I did not know that just if you go under the water your going to heaven. After I got saved and baptized, I thought that I could still sin and be selfish because I thought that because I got baptized I would go to heaven so I thought that I was saved and ready to go. Well that’s not how its rolls. When you get saved the Holy Spirit comes into your heart. Then you do what God told us to do to worship him and serve others like going on mission trips. Because you serve others I have learned that being good does not mean that you are going to heaven. well you know that once you are saved you go to heaven. But I mean that some people think that they got baptized so there going to heaven so they can still sin. But when you get saved you stop that and change.

No comments:

Post a Comment