Monday, May 21, 2012

Defeated!

I type this at an hour that is way past my bedtime but I am praying through some feelings of defeat and insecurity. I have had some moments today of feeling defeated and that I don't quite measure up. Moments of feeling weak and unseen. Moments of feeling beaten up and down. Although I know where or shall I say,who, these feelings come from, nevertheless, I am awake and plan to stay awake praying for truth to invade my heart. Everything with in me wants God to radically fill me with peace and assurance that although I do not measure up, HE DOES! He sees me, lifts me up, and keeps His hand ever on me. I can feel all sorts of ways but the Word is full of truth that I must believe in order to combat the war that my emotions wage within me. I pray for calmness and rest for my soul and constant help in this time. I pray for the feeling of defeat to be turned into the feeling of truth and power. I pray these things for as long as it takes and will know that his mercies are new every morning and great is His faithfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment