Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Date With a Sweet Boy!!

I have had to leave my baby boy a lot lately. After celebrating the end of the school year and a birthday away with my Katelyn, Samuel has had some time away from mom. Now, in about 10 years, that will be something he may like but right now he loves being with me and misses me when I'm gone. Today, I decided we would spend a day doing things he loves, which are some pretty fun and easy things to do. First, we went and played trains at his favorite place, Barnes and Noble, which he calls"the bookstore". He was so excited and ran right back to the train table and was ready for some time pushing those trains around. We left there with a coloring book in tow that he picked out. I had to run into one store to look for something but he got to eat M&M's while in the "not so fun" store so he was happy as could be. Our next stop was to continue the sugar love that Samuel has and have some ice cream at Coldstone. He wanted a cotton candy ice cream cone with sprinkles and he got just that!!! As we sat there, we talked; well, we talked on a two year old level. We talked about his favorite train, which is James, and who is best friends are, which are daddy, sissy and me. I told him how much I loved him and that he was my favorite little boy. He would just look at me like he already knew all of that and would smile like he was the happiest boy in the world. We ended our day at Walmart to pick up a few things but he was ok with that because he got to get some chewing gum.....I KNOW, I KNOW ...more sugar. Samuel loves all things sweet and I had to just sweeten him up today. As we were riding home he asked if he was going to have to take a nap and I said no, that we would just snuggle on the couch and read some books(another thing he loves).

As I sat and watched Samuel eat ice cream today, I thought about the possibility that one day it may not excite his soul to spend a day with me. He may grow up and want to do so many other things but right now being with me is one of his most favorite things to do. He lights up when I play with him and sometimes he just looks at me and says, " I love you mommy," out of the blue. He is ALWAYS LOUD and can flip a temper in a heartbeat but when it's just him and I, sweetness just pours out. Today, he was never loud but tons of fun. Today, he ate all things sugar and loved every second of it. Today, I am his best friend and the person who puts a big smile on his face. I will cherish today and remember these times of sweetness and fun. I love that I had a date with a sweet boy today!!!


Samuel with Cotton Candy Ice Cream all over him!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment