Thursday, May 3, 2012

Tragedies of Life!!

My earlier post was about the missed opportunity to love on my daughter. Well she finished her writing about what her little heart went through when she lost her PawPaw she was very close to. I thought I would share why my little girl needed some compassion yesterday. She is becoming quite the writer!!! (BTW, Claudette is her adult BFF, her former SS teacher who Katelyn thinks hung the moon).



Tragedies of Life    

 I was now 7 when sadness came up into my life. It was 1 year ago and I was at Awana when my mom never picked me up. So I waited till about 7:30 then slowpoke finally picked me up. I asked her in the car what took so long. She said that she had to go to the Denver hospital because my best pawpaw had got sick and was not felling well. As I started to cry I asked if he was ok. My mom said he was fine but you never know what can happen. About 3 days later my mom went to visit my pawpaw at the hospital. We where watched by I think many different people. When mom got home we ate and went to bed silently. That night I got up hearing my mom crying. I knew something was wrong. The next morning I woke to the question if pawpaw was ok. Mom said he was fine but he had to go on a ventilator because he was not breathing well. So then we had to go to another house this time we went to Mrs. Ally’s house. I really knew something was wrong because that night we had to spend the night at Mrs. Ally’s house. The next day mom and dad picked us up. I could not stop asking if pawpaw where ok so I asked again. This time mom said he was not doing so well. So the next day we where getting ready to go somewhere when mom and dad went into the room and shut the door. I ran in knowing something was wrong. As I walked in mom was crying I asked if pawpaw where ok. Well sadly mom said that he had died that morning. As I tried to hold the tears I knew I could not. That morning I felt like some one had ripped my heart out and threw it in the garbage. I felt SO MUCH pain in me. I mean I was back in forth to peoples houses spending the night and then I go home and I hear that my best pawpaw had died I mean I never even got to say bye. But I knew that God would not give up on my family and me. If you see this Claudette I want to say that you probably feel more pain then me from losing your mom. But I know that even though I have never met or seen your mom that I know you had a good one because she raised you to be a great person. And to anyone who has lost a loved one that God will always be with you and I have learned that.

1 comment:

  1. Kiddo, you amaze me! After losing my father to cancer, you described just how I felt. You are right. God heals that pain over time. The best part is that he leaves the good memories in our hearts. Jenna, your mom and dad did a great job too. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete