Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fear

I am a fearful person. I am not fearful to the point of not going places or letting it upset my life, but I do fear. The thing is, I fear more as I get older. I think it is because I see this world and just wonder what it will be like when my kids are adults(if we are all here). I look at our government and wonder when it will finally do our country in. I have to vote for a new President this year and I am just not a huge fan of any of the candidates. I see how much more cruel our world is when it comes to unborn children and people who are different than the society around them. I was faced with the reality of death almost a year ago with the passing of my father and seeing that I am not guaranteed" health, wealth, and prosperity." This all scares me. It all makes me fearful if I give it a lot of thought. There are some days when fear could overwhelm me but then I remember: this world is not my home. Why can I wake in the morning and praise the Lord when the world around me is crazy.....because this world is not my home. Why can I see death and feel at peace...because this world is not my home. Why can I raise my children to be godly instead of good....because this world is not my home. More than anything, how do I get through times when I feel like an outcast, forgotten, uncomfortable, sad, misunderstood, threatened, and anxious?????? BECAUSE THIS WORLD IS NOT MY HOME!!!! There will come a day when I will be in the home that I was meant for. The home where I will sit and worship my Creator forever. Until then, I must not fear because I serve a God who walks with me everywhere I go and is in control of everything. Even with all the uncertainty around us, we can walk in peace and assurance because our real home is not here, it is to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment