Friday, February 17, 2012

Lies Women Believe About THEMSELVES!!

I wanted to write a few blog posts about a book that God used to change so much of me. Lies Women Believe is the name of the book and I am going to write about some of these lies. I started with the lies women believe about THEMSELVES first because every single woman has believed one of these lies and may still be believing them. So, here is a list of the lies we believe:
1. I'm not worth anything.
2. I need to learn to love myself.
3. I can't help the way I am.
4. I have my rights.

If we have an impoverished view of God, we will become impoverished ourselves. SO, lets look at #1,"I'm not worth anything". In many cases, these feelings of worthlessness are a result of believing things we have heard from others, especially in childhood. This is a problem because our view of ourselves and our sense of worth are often determined by the input and opinions of others. I remember times when I was young and people either assumed things about me or wanted to ruin anything good they saw in me. I could have carried this with me forever. In fact many women are. They may not come out and say it in this way, but they feel this daily. If you heard, " You're Fat" when you were little, a little girl could easily grow up in bondage to that lie and believe that only skinny girls are worth anything which could lead to an eating disorder or feeling unworthy if you could never get skinny enough. What we believe about ourselves determines how we live. If we believe and act on lies, we will end up in bondage.

#2: " I need to learn to love myself". I know all of us have said this at some point in time. Some women may even say that this isn't really a lie. This is a lie because we were created in God's image and He loves us and we are precious to him. We do not bestow that worth on ourselves. We also do not experience the fullness of God's love by telling ourselves how lovable we are. Jesus taught that it is in losing our lives that we find our lives. The message of self-love can put women on a lonely and miserable path.
#3: " I can't help the way I am". We like to blame others and circumstances when we make bad choices. We also just go with, " well, that's the way I am." Eve had no one and nothing outside of herself to blame for the issues she encountered in her marriage, her family, and her environment. Her problem began inside herself. She made a simple and personal choice. There was no one else to blame but herself. If we believe we are doomed to fail, to keep sinning, or to be unhappy, we will fail, we will keep on sinning, and we will always be unhappy, frustrated women.
#4: "I have my rights". This is probably the hardest one for everyone. We all think we have all these rights to do with whatever we choose. I am convinced that claiming rights has produced most of the unhappiness woman experience today. Here's the point: SUCCESSFUL RELATIONSHIPS AND HEALTHY CULTURES ARE NOT BUILT ON THE CLAIMING OF RIGHTS BUT ON THE YIELDING OF RIGHTS. Did you hear that??? Stop trying to claim what you think are your rights and yield, just like our Savior did!!!

These are just a few of the lies out of the book but they were the ones I thought were the most prevalent. So, here's the good part: THE TRUTH to combat these lies.

"I'm Not Worth Anything": My value is not determined by what others think of me or what I think of myself. My value is determined by how God views me. Psalm 139:1-18, Ephesians 1:3-8, I Peter 2:4
 "I Need To Learn To Love Myself": By faith I need to receive God's love for me. Galatians 2:20
"I Can't Help The Way I Am": If I am a child of God, I can choose to obey God. Romans 6:1-14. I am responsible for my own choices. Deuteronomy 30:19
"I Have My Rights":  Claiming rights will put me in bondage. Job 4:1,4,9; Psalm 37:1-11

So, there's a little taste of what this book is about and how life changing it could be. I am so excited to share more with you and tell you how it made a huge difference in my walk with the Lord. God has so much in store for women who are his daughters but we live in bondage to lies that he sent His Son to come and die for. Quit believing the lies that Satan tells you and live in victory and walk in TRUTH!!!! Be encouraged!!!!

                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment