Saturday, February 4, 2012

UPDATE!!!

Hey everybody!! I've gotten some e-mails from people that read my blog and want to know what's going on in the family right now so I thought I'd give an update! We are great!!! God is teaching us so much about faith, grace, provision, love, and being who we were created to be. Josh and I are beginning to see the beginning of His plans unfold and it is so exciting. As most of you know, we are church planting and looking at launching in the fall. In the last couple of months we have had 2 more families join our team and we are more than thrilled at the people He is calling to walk alongside us through this journey. Our team is growing and God gets all the glory. I had no idea 8 months ago that we would be where we are right now. Honestly, I would rather not be anywhere else.

We will start meeting with our team this week and it will become a weekly thing where we will pray and seek the face of God in obeying and doing His will. Providence Church has been an oasis for our family and I am more than thankful that God brought us to them last May. He knew the kind of people we needed in our lives to help grow us and love on us right where we were! Josh is doing school and learning so much about the kind of church Jesus preached about and still wants for His people today. We have been reading and learning so much about what being genuine looks like and how to spread the gospel the way Jesus did!!! Josh and I have been married for 10 and half years and we have been in ministry that entire time, even while we were engaged. I can say that this is the first time in our journey that I know God is calling us to something bigger than ourselves. This is something that we can't even come close to doing in our own power. We have to fully rely on God and His strength through us!!

The kids are wonderful. We have had some rough days because the crazy warm weather makes us want to spend time outside instead of in books and we took some days to combine the two.....schoolwork and sunshine in our backyard!!! Katelyn is growing in wisdom and I see each day the strings of heart being pulled to love Christ and others. She will go on her first mission trip in June and she is more than excited to take a soccer ball and play with the kids..hehe!! She has been asking a lot lately about how she knows if people are Christians so we have many discussions about judging and looking at what God says a Christian looks like. She is so beautiful and I see her becoming more and more what God created her to be. She's is my baby girl!!! Samuel is just as crazy as ever. He hasn't been screaming in his high pitch as much lately ...THANK GOD!!!! He is also growing in wisdom and seeing his sissy do everything and follows right behind her. This is a lesson for Katelyn to be the example she should be to her little brother. Samuel still loves Yo Gabba Gabba...ugh....and is now quoting Nacho Libre with his sissy and daddy(our house is full of spanish accents), if you haven't seen Nacho, go watch it and you'll know what I'm talking about! There are days when we are all snappy with each other and other days when we laugh a lot. That is normal house and we are just all trying to be all that God wants us to be. I am doing ok but this time of year is getting to me. My dad started getting sick at the end of this month so many memories are flooding my mind. I am sadder most days and I miss him like crazy! He was an amazing dad and I would not have wanted him any other way!! I am learning to see him as he is now, full of purity and free from pain, in his real home with Jesus! It is that picture that gets me through those rough times.

So, there ya go, our family in a nutshell. We are a glorious mess that God is teaching and growing each day. I am so excited and scared of what the next year holds but for now we are enjoying being together and learning what God's plans are. We are learning about true love and being real in our relationships. I hope that everyone will continue to lift us up in prayer and ask from time to time how we are!!! We love to talk about how good God is whether on good or bad days!!! I would love to hear from y'all and please let me pray for you. Let us know how we can serve you and lift you up as well!!!

1 comment: