Monday, October 24, 2011

My Mom.

I am so proud of my mom this weekend. Let me tell you a little about her. Mom and dad were always perfectly fine sitting at home all the time. They were best friend's and that is just the way they were. Well its been 6 months since dad passed away and mom is doing everything she can to let God take over all this hurt and pain. She is taking the steps to heal and have peace in the Lord. Well, my mom has also never flown in an airplane or been a very long distance away from home. Last Thursday, she FLEW to CALIFORNIA to visit some friends. I was worried the whole day that she was freaking out on the airplane or that it was making her anxious. When I talked to her after the flight, her first comment was," I loved it." Now, there may have been a bit of medical intervention to cause this ease and love of flying but nevertheless, she made it. Talking about coming out of your comfort zone.

I am so proud of her for taking this step and doing something so radical for her. I am amazed at how God is chasing my mom and just loving on her through the people in her life. These friends in California are lifelong friends and mom is blessed to have them. I am so glad mom took this step and now she knows she can and that its ok. Dad would be overjoyed to see her doing these things. I am so happy for you mom and the awesome things you are doing. I love you and can't wait for you to get home to hear all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment