Friday, October 14, 2011

Things I have learned while homeschooling.

I didn't realize that as I teach Katelyn everyday, I am also learning more than I ever did in school (or now I'm actually paying attention).

1. Learning is fun
2. Kangaroos babies are called Joeys and they nurse for 3 months before they are actually born.
3. The English language is full of so many rules that say, " Sometimes you do this....."
4. A.D. does not stand for After Death (of Jesus).
5. History starts at Adam and Eve.
6. Learning phonetically, my daughter spells and reads like an adult (needless to say, I didn't learn that way).
7. Our world map today is nothing like the way it looked before the Flood.
8. The word Dinosaur means " Big Lizard".
9. We learn so much from experimenting and serving our community.
10. I am my children's best teacher.
11. God knew my kids needed us as parents. It is my job to disciple and lay a foundation that will carry them through life.
12. I fall more in love with my kids everyday that I spend with them ( even on the crazy, whiny, disobedient, tiring, sassy, and complete disorder days......YES, WE HAVE THEM).

I could go on and on about Tubal-Cain in the Genesis who was an Ironmaker (more proof we didn't come from apes), Samuel learning from his big sister, and how God is walking with us everyday to point our children to Him. I am excited to be learning again and seeing my children learn along with me. I have had a blessed week and wanted to share. If I write about an awful week next week, remind of this.....LOL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment